The first moment ...
The first time
ever I saw your face ...
another memory pauses ...
I see it clearly.
Daytona was not my home ~
it was yours.
Work brought you into my life.
You were like a breeze
gently blowing into my life.
You were kind, and smart, and considerate.
I did not deserve you,
me with my messy life.
Six months passed
with shared work calls.
Nothing more than
a shared friendship between
two people with commonalities.
Then tragedy struck my life
and you held out your hand ..
you pulled me into your arms
and held me as I cried.
You offered me time to think,
to process what I had been through.
You tried to repair my broken wings ..
but my pain was beyond your control.
But what you gave to me
was so much better.
Slowly, little by little,
your love brought me back to life.
Not the same ..
but I evolved and little by little
opened my heart ..
I never thought I could.
And you treasured it.
You carried it as if you were afraid
I would return to the darkness once again.
Thank you for shining your light
that kept me safe from the darkness.
Thank you for the warmth
that coaxed my heart into beating again.
Thank you for believing in me.
Your faith helped me to grow
and encouraged me
to spread my petals
and blossom.
Thank you for always understanding.
I know it couldn't have been easy.
I was a mess.
Thank you for your honesty,
it was all I ever asked for.
But you gave so much more.
Thank you for trusting me
to always have your best interest
in mind.
Thank you for respecting me
and giving me room to grow.
Thank you for keeping me safe ..
I always felt safe with you.
You recognized my empathy!
Was this why you held
back sharing your nightmares?
I would have held you through them.
I would have kept you warm in my arms.
I could have comforted you.
Thank you for sticking with me
... I know it could be daunting.
My messy life turned yours upside down ..
yet you talked with me ....
and held me ...
and carried me through till the next day.
But the first time ever I saw your face,
I felt at peace!
Comments
Post a Comment