When the noise interrupts

The day starts with peace ...
Sunlight warming my face ...
It's the time of day you
Hear the birds sing.
Before all the noise interrupts.
Emails, notifications, tags, phone calls.
The interruptions are deafening.

Out the door and on my way
Matchbox Twenty
"If You're Gone" plays
I love this song.
DC road trip with my son
Happy memories
Then the world quiets 
And I listen to the words.
I relate to this line
"... there's an awful lot of breathing room
But I can hardly move"
Truth!

Interruptions begin again.
Work. Taxes. Dogs. Sunset.
It's my new mantra
Change is needed.
A river sunset is beautiful
playing Dolphins
Huge clouds!

I want to create
Plan a design.
Gather my supplies
I found the letter instead.
It's time to burn the memory.

Happiness is a life requirement.

The music returns
Where it left off
"there's a little bit of somethin' me
in everything in you"
What does that mean when you're already gone?

Endless questions
But no answers
Another sleepless night
My mind is a storm
Spinning out of control
the wind swirling my thoughts

What music will tomorrow bring
That has you speaking to me?

I will be listening ..

Dreamr*




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wish you were here, my friend

How anger can destroy a home

Observed differences ...